WILDLIFE (SPECIFIED PLANTS - CONDITIONS FOR
POSSESSION BY LICENSEE) RULES, 1995
G.S.R. 349 (E). - In exercise of powers /conferred by Clause (a) of Subsection (1) of Section 63 of Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972 (53 of 1972), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, namely:
1. Short title, Extent and Commencement.- (1) These Rules may be called Wildlife (Specified Plants - Conditions for possession by licensee) Rules, 1995.
(2) These Rules shall come into force from the date of commencement of provisions of Chapter IIIA of the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972.
2. Definition-ln these Rules, unless the context otherwise requires, "Act" means the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972 (53 of 1972).
3. Conditions and other matters subject to which the licensee may keep any specified plants in his castody or possession. (1) No licensee shall acquire or receive or keep in his control, custody or possession any specified plant or part or derivative thereof in respect of which a declaration under Section 17E of Act has not been made.
(2) No licensee shall acquire, purchase or receive any specified plant or part or derivative thereof from any person other than a licensed dealer in specified plants or a cultivator having a license for cultivation of specified plants under the Act.
(3) Licensee shall keep the stock of specified plants so purchased by him only in the premises approved by the Chief Wildlife Warden of the State
SARWESHWAR JHA, Jt. Secy.
*Published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part 11, Sec. 3 (i) Dt. 18.4.1995.