THE WILDLIFE (PROTECTION) LICENSING
(ADDITIONAL MATTERS FOR CONSIDERATION)
G.S.R. 328 (E), dated 13th April, 19831
In exercise of the powers conferred by Cf. (a) of sub-section (1) of sec. 63, read with Cf. (b) of sub-section (4) of sec. 44 of Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972 (53 of 1972) the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, namely
1. Short title, extent, and commencement
(1) These rules may be called the Wildlife (Protection) Licensing (Additional Matters for Consideration) Rules, 1983
(2) They shall extend to the whole of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
(3) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the official Gazette.
In these Rues, unless the context otherwise, requires, "Act" means the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972 (53 of 1972).
3. Additional matters for consideration for grant of licence under sec. 44 of the Act.
For the purposes of granting a licence referred to in sub-section (1) of Sec 44 of the Act, the Chief Wildlife Warden or the authorised officer, as the case may be, shall in addition to the matters specified in Cf. (b) of sub-section (4) of that section, have regard to the following other matters, namely
(i) capacity of the applicant to handle the business concerned with reference to facilities, equipment, and suitability of the premises for such business;
(ii) the source and the manner in which the supplies for the business concerned would be obtained;
(iii) number of licences for the relevant business already in existence in the area concerned;
(iv) implications which the grant of such licence would have on the hunting or trade of the wild animals concerned.
Provided that no such shall be granted if the said implications relate to any wild animal specified in Sch.I or part 11 of Sch.II to the Act, except with the previous consultation of the Central Government.
1Published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary. N. 11 Sec. 3(i) dated 13th April 1983.