MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT AND FORESTS
New Delhi, the 30th September, 2002
S.O. 1085(E).— In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 61 of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972 (53 of 1972), the Central Government, being of the opinion that it is expedient so to do, hereby makes the following further amendments in Schedule 1 and Part II of Schedule II of the said Act, with effect from the date of publication of this notification in the Official Gazette, namely:-
1. In Schedule 1 to the said Act.—
(a) in PART 1 relating to “MAMMALS”, after entry 41-B, the following entries shall be inserted namely:-
“42. Wroughton’s free tailed bat (Otomops wroughtoni).
43. Salim Ali’s fruit bat (Latidens salimali)
(b) in Part III relating to “Birds, after entry 18, the following entries shall be inserted, namely:-
“19. Swiftlets (Collocalia unicolor and Collocalia fusiphaga)
20. Hill myna (Gracula religiosa intermedia, Gracula religiosa peninsularis, Gracula religiosa indica and Gracula religiosa andamanesis)
21. Tibetan ear pheasant (Crossoptilon harmani)
22. Kaliji pheasant (Lophurs leucomelana)
23. Lord Derby’s parakeet (Psittacula derbyana)
24. Vultures (Gyps indicus, Gyps bengalensis, Gyps tenuirostris)
25. White bellied her
2. In Schedule II to the said Act,—
(a) in Part II, at the end, after entry 15, the following entries shall be inserted, namely:—
“16. Mongooses (All species of genus Herpestes);
17. Grey jungle fowl (gallus sonnerati),:
3. In Schedule IV to the said Act, entry 6A shall be omitted.
[F. No. 1-2/83 WL-I]
S. C. SHARMA, Addl. Director General of Forests (WL)
Note:— The various Schedules to the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972 were amended from time to time and the last notification in this regard was issued vide number S.O. 1197(E) dated 5th December, 2001.