S.O. 350 (E). In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (1) and (3) of section 3 of the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986(29 of 1986) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government hereby constitutes an authority to be known as the Taj Trapezium Zone Pollution (Prevention and Control) Authority (herein referred to as the Authority) consisting of the following persons for a period of two years with effect from the date of publication of this notification in the Official Gazette, namely :-
(1) Commissioner, Agra Division Chairman (2) Chairman, Utter Pradesh State Pollution Control Board Member (3) Deputy Inspector General of Police, Agra Range Member (4) Member-Secretary, Central Pollution Control Board Member (5) A representative of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas Member (6) A representative of the Ministry of Environment and Forests Member (7) A representative of the Archaeological Survey of India Member (8) Vice-Chairman, Agra Development Authority Member-Convener
2. The authority shall, within the geographical limits of Agra Division in the Taj Trapezium Zone (see Annexure) in the State of Uttar Pradesh, have the power to -
(ii) exercise powers under section 5 of the said act;
(iii) take all necessary steps to ensure Compliance of specified emission-standards by motor vehicles and ensuring compliance of fuel quality standards;
(iv) deal with any environmental issue which may be referred to it by the Central Government or the State Government of Uttar Pradesh relating to the above said area;
3. The foregoing powers and functions of the Authority shall be subject to the overall supervision and control of the Central Government.
4. The Authority shall be authorised to exercise the powers under section 19 of the said Act.
5. The geographical limits of the Taj Trapezium Zone (see Annexure) have been defined in the shape of a trapezoid between 26 45 N & 77 15'E to 27 45 N & 77 15 E in the West of the Taj Mahal and in the East of Taj Mahal between 27 00' N & 78 30 E to 27 30' N & 78 30 E.
6. The Authority may co-opt experts for facilitating the work assigned to it.
7. The Authority shall furnish a report about its activities at least once in two months to the Central Government in the Ministry of Environment and Forests.
8. The Authority shall have its headquarters at Agra in the State of Uttar Pradesh.
[File No. Z-200118/1/99-CPA]
Vijai Sharma, Jt. Secy.