Current Size: 90%
Call for research proposals
The Ministry of Environment & Forests invites research proposals in prescribed format on various topics under the following broad identified thrust areas.
- Development of strategies/technologies for prevention and/or control of pollution including waste recycling, management of hazardous substances, development of biodegradable plastics/eco-friendly alternatives and Instrumentation Development
- Development of biological and other interventions for pollution prevention and control
- Clean Technologies: Greening of products and processes
- Restoration of degraded ecosystems, bioremediation of contaminated sites and water
- Studies on conservation and enhancement of biological diversity including rare, endangered, threatened, endemic, economically and ecologically important taxa.
- Studies related to different ecosystems, their conservation and management
- Application of Remote sensing and GIS for accurate inventory of natural resources and environmental planning
- Research on Climate Change
- Environmental Health and toxicology
- Research on Land-cover, Land-use and forestry Changes
- Studies on impacts of developmental activities on the environment and ecology
- Conservation, Enhancement and Utilization of Forests and their resources
- Research on Socio-economic issues of environment including legal and policy frameworks.
Who are eligible to apply?
Academic institutions, Universities, National Institutes, recognized R&D institutions, reputed non-governmental organizations and voluntary bodies, private organizations including industry through scientists and technologists working in them (both NGOs,
voluntary bodies and private organizations including industry have to be registered as a research institution with the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India).
How to apply?
Proposals should be made in the prescribed application format given in the “Guidelines for Support to Environmental Research - 2012”. Proposals prepared by the Principal Investigator (PI) should be forwarded by the Head of the Institution. If the project is a
joint venture then it should be explicitly mentioned.
The complete “Guidelines for Support to Environmental Research - 2012” which inter alia provides details on the scope and coverage of research grants, concept of public private partnership in R&D projects, procedure for invitation, submission, appraisal, monitoring and review of research projects along with norms of funding, terms and conditions governing research grants and various prescribed proformas is available on the website of the Ministry at www.moef.nic.in.
Submission of proposals
Ten hard copies of application in prescribed format and a soft copy through E.mail or CD are required to be submitted. The application complete in all respects should be sent by Registered/Speed Post in a confidential sealed envelope by 31st December 2012 to the address given below. The research proposals not evaluated in the current financial year (2012-2013) would be considered in the next financial year. Applications may also be sent by e-mail to sv[dot]godavarthi[at]nic[dot]in.
For further details please contact:
Ministry of Environment and Forests,
Room no. 548, Paryavaran Bhawan,
CGO Complex, Lodi Road,
New Delhi 110 003.